Description of your first forum.
bzuidgeest

Re: General Comments

Post by bzuidgeest » Thu May 09, 2019 9:28 am

stef wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:09 pm
drone84 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:22 pm
If I have the choice I will go for the YM2612 because it the one in the genesis. The other-one is easy to clone I will say, at least for the FM part. It's only digital so you don't care with witch technologist is used to generate the final signal. The tricky part will be to find a DAC how match the sound.
Why would we want to clone it? You can still buy those in Humongous quantities!

Stefany
Cloning it would allow for putting it in the fpga's already aboard, maybe as alternative for the Sid. That would be cheaper than creating and distributing a hardware add-on. I'm not saying that this should be done, just that it could.
stef

Post by stef » Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm

bzuidgeest wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:28 am
stef wrote:
drone84 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:22 pm
If I have the choice I will go for the YM2612 because it the one in the genesis. The other-one is easy to clone I will say, at least for the FM part. It's only digital so you don't care with witch technologist is used to generate the final signal. The tricky part will be to find a DAC how match the sound.

Stefany
Cloning it would allow for putting it in the fpga's already aboard, maybe as alternative for the Sid. That would be cheaper than creating and distributing a hardware add-on. I'm not saying that this should be done, just that it could.
Good Point, Nevery thought about that... There is actually a DAC for the SID implementation, I found a FPGA Project for the YM2216, I will look into it...
Thanks for the idea.
S
Mistress of All Villainy
bzuidgeest

Post by bzuidgeest » Fri May 10, 2019 10:55 am

stef wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm
bzuidgeest wrote:
stef wrote:

Stefany
Good Point, Nevery thought about that... There is actually a DAC for the SID implementation, I found a FPGA Project for the YM2216, I will look into it...
Thanks for the idea.
S
Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but would it not be smarter to focus on getting rev C (as is) done first? You are creating a awful lot of work for yourself. In my opinion this idea is really one for the back-burner :)
stef

Post by stef » Fri May 10, 2019 11:18 pm

bzuidgeest wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:55 am
stef wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:41 pm
bzuidgeest wrote:

Thanks for the idea.
S
Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but would it not be smarter to focus on getting rev C (as is) done first? You are creating a awful lot of work for yourself. In my opinion this idea is really one for the back-burner :)
Few items still need to be tested and verified on the Rev B2 before I get in Rev C otherwise we might end up with bodge wires in Rev C, something I would like to avoid. Something that will delay the whole Rev C is the lack of participant, right now you are only 7 people and I will not start a production run for 7 people. So the more people come in and the fastest they do, the faster the Rev C will come out.

S
Mistress of All Villainy
bzuidgeest

Post by bzuidgeest » Sun May 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Only 7 as of now :( . That is somewhat disappointing. I was expecting I would have to be quick to buy in the first batch, apparently not so. Maybe the project needs a little more visibility?
stef

Post by stef » Sun May 12, 2019 6:09 pm

bzuidgeest wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Only 7 as of now :( . That is somewhat disappointing. I was expecting I would have to be quick to buy in the first batch, apparently not so. Maybe the project needs a little more visibility?
I think this is an understatement... It needs visibility, but I think it needs to come from other people than me.

S
Mistress of All Villainy
bzuidgeest

Post by bzuidgeest » Mon May 13, 2019 12:18 pm

stef wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:09 pm
bzuidgeest wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:07 pm
I think this is an understatement... It needs visibility, but I think it needs to come from other people than me.

S
This is not something I know how to help with. I personally like to keep a very low social media profile (more like none existent). No twitter or Facebook and such for me. I'm also not a you-tuber. I did throw a note in the hackaday tip box. Maybe they will pick it up and run something (maybe if everyone here submitted to https://hackaday.com/submit-a-tip/ it could be faster?). Did the same for a dutch site. It might also help if the front page of the website had more info, like the current specs and the models and prices and the call for first batch developers. To get the really interesting info people have to sort thru this forum and that is not ideal. Sorry if that adds to your workload. Is there a webmaster beside you I can bugger :) ?
techristian

Post by techristian » Mon May 13, 2019 4:30 pm

bzuidgeest wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:18 pm

Maybe they will pick it up and run something (maybe if everyone here submitted to https://hackaday.com/submit-a-tip/ it could be faster?).
DONE ! ! !

DAN
jcook793

Post by jcook793 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:07 pm

I also submitted to Hackaday just now, hopefully they pick it up!
stef

Post by stef » Mon May 13, 2019 8:23 pm

jcook793 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:07 pm
I also submitted to Hackaday just now, hopefully they pick it up!
Hackaday is very Pro-David Murray or anything else that is not C256 Foenix.

I am looking forward to see.

thanks! ;)

S
Mistress of All Villainy